- Take 500 mg of a Vitamin C Supplement or a Multivitamin Tablet containing large amount of Vitamin C. Another way to swallow more Vitamin C through fruits and vegetables. Oranges, Grapefruit and Cherries are rich in Vitamin C.
- Follow the Mediterranean Diet, a dietrich in olive oil. Olive oil helps turn off the gene that makes the pro-inflammatory molecules that attach to your Arteries. use it instead of butter when you’re cooking eggs.
- The inflammatory effects of Periodontal Disease also cause inflammation of your arteries. Floss daily, if you can’t floss, at least rinse every night with Listerine or a store-brand equivalent containing thymol, eucalyptol, menthol, and methyl salicylate.
- Consumed the most Omega-3 Fatty Acids (1.6 grams per day). Good sources of omega-3s include flaxseed, walnuts, sardines, tuna, and, of course, salmon.
- Loose fat by cutting calories is extremely important.
- Eat the Fiber most during the day. 20-plus grams (g) of fiber recommended are every day. Each day, eat an apple (3 g), two slices of whole-grain bread (4 g), and a large bowl of fiber-rich cereal such as All-Bran (13 g).
- Beat depression. Men who were depressed had a 64 percent chance of having higher levels of CRP. Stress hormone triggers chronic inflammation.
- Flu shot may protect you from a heart attack (vitals.nbcnews.com)
- Fish oil supplements don’t prevent heart attacks, study says – USA TODAY (usatoday.com)