Foods Good for Gallbladder Disease
The best foods to eat when you have gallstones are typical healthy Foods. Cook your foods by grilling, broiling, boiling, baking or poaching. Foods that normally do not cause problems include:-
- Green beans
- Sweet potatoes
- Ripe tomatoes
- Cold water fish
- Omega 3 oils
- Vegetable oils
- Vinegars – all types
- Garlic and onions help with liver cleansing but not processed types like flakes or powder.
- Cold water fish – salmon, trout
- Lemons (lemon juice in the morning with hot water helps to clean the liver)
- Grapes and fresh organic grape juice
- Apples, berries, papaya, pears
- Oils like flax or hemp should be used for salad dressing with fresh lemon juice or vinegar.Do not ever cook flax oil. Always keep it refrigerated.
- Vegetable juices – beet and cucumber are especially helpful to gallbladder. Avoid all fruit juices except organic grape juice and organic apple
- Soluble and insoluble fiber found in fruits, vegetables and guar gum are also beneficial.
- All vegetables from the cabbage family are very potent liver detoxifiers
- Berries are high in antioxidants and other vital vitamins and minerals
- Whole grains like buckwheat, quinoa, brown rice and millet
- Beta-carotene rich foods are highly recommended for your gallbladder diet like carrots and sweet potatoes.
It is very important to never over eat anything; less is best, take more number of small servings after short intervals.
- 15 Ways to Heal Gallbladder Stones Naturally (omtimes.com)
- A Family Doctor’s Tale – GALLBLADDER DISEASES I (kennethkee.info)