Root Canal Treatment involves the elimination of the infected pulp tissues and nerve of the tooth, the cleaning and shaping of the pulp chamber and root canals, and as a final point the filling and sealing of the tooth. Root Canal Treatment is essential when the pulp (soft tissue inside your teeth containing blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue) becomes inflamed or diseased. During root canal treatment, your dentist or endodontist removes the diseased pulp.
Causes of Root Canal Treatment
- Tooth decay
- Fillings leaks
- Teeth are damaged by accident
- A deep cavity
- Repeated dental procedures
- A cracked or broken tooth
- Injury to the tooth
Root Canal Treatment Requirement Indicators
- Harsh tooth pain and pain once chewing or application of pressure on tooth
- Extended sensitivity/pain to heat or cold temperatures
- Discoloration (a darkening) of the tooth
- Swelling and tenderness in the nearby gums
- A persistent or recurring pimple on the gums
Steps in Root Canal Treatment
Various steps in Root Canal Treatment are as follows:-
- Procedure is started by drilling the enamel part of the tooth (topmost portion of the tooth).
- Enters into the pulp chamber, where the infected pulp is present.
- Exploration of root canal
- Removes the diseased pulp
- The pulp chamber and root canal(s) of the tooth are then cleaned.
- The root canal is disinfected with the aid of intracanal medicament’s like essential oils (eugenol), phenolic compounds, Sodium Hypochlorite and iodides. The disinfection procedure is done by using a plastic pipette or a syringe
- The root canal is than sealed. Filling of root canal is done with an inert filling material
- The crown is cemented into place.
After Care of Root Canal Treatment
People can help prevent the need for further Root Canal Treatment by:
- Keep up good oral hygiene
- Avoid in excess sugary food in your diet
- Stop smoking
- Reduce fizzy drinks
- Needling? Negligent doctor leaves needle in patients tooth (dailymail.co.uk)
- Dental Cost in US (n1ngtyas.wordpress.com)