Loss of Hair
Hair grow up around 1 centimeter per month. About 90 percent of the hair on your scalp is growing at any one time, while about remaining 10 percent of the hair is in a resting phase. the resting hair falls out and new hair starts to grow in its place after about 3 to 4 months. It is normal to shed some hair each day, as part of this cycle, losing about 100 hairs a day is normal. However, some people may experience more than normal hair loss.
Hair Loss Causes
- Genetics. If you have parents or family members that suffer from hair loss, there is an enormous likelihood that you will experience the same destiny. One can delay this process by keeping your hair and scalp healthy.
- Illness. Hair loss may occur as part of an underlying disease, such as lupus, thyroid or diabetes. Since hair loss may be an early sign of a disease, it is important to find the cause so that it can be treated.
- Hormonal changes. Hormonal problems may cause hair loss. If your thyroid gland is overactive or under active, your hair may fall out. This hair loss usually can be helped by treatment thyroid disease. Hair loss may occur if male or female hormones, known as androgen’s and estrogen’s, are out of balance. Correcting the hormone imbalance may stop your hair loss.
- Medication. Some medicines can cause hair loss. This type of hair loss improves when you stop taking the medicine. Medicines that can cause hair loss include blood thinners (also called anticoagulants), medicines used for gout, high blood pressure or heart problems, vitamin A (in excess only), birth control pills and antidepressants.
- Diet. diets that are deficient in proteins may lead to severe health issues which may also affect hair health. This is why most shampoos and hair loss treatments are fortified with hair proteins and important vitamins like vitamin A, B complex and E that are needed to grow new hair.
- Stress. Life altering stress or acute anxiety could lead to physiologic changes including hair thinning, changes in hair quality and ultimately hair loss.
- Stretching your Hair. If you wear ponytails or cornrows or use tight hair rollers, the pull on your hair can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia.
- Chemicals. Use of chemicals to color or treat hair may also show the way to hair thinning and hair loss.
Hair Loss in Women
Whatever may be the cause, thinning hair is naturally a source of concern. Hair loss in women may have various causes, wide variety of factors can attribute towards Hair Loss in Women, these can be both common and unusual.
- Any of the above mentioned causes
- Stress (mental or physical),
- Hormone fluctuations
- Hormone Imbalance
- Side effects of Medication
Hair Loss Treatment and Prevention
- Diet. Balanced Diet is important for hair health. Good overall body health is the key because if your body is not healthy your hair will become dry, brittle and easily broken. A good amount of protein, calcium, vitamins A, and C and folic acid is good.
- Disease. Problems with your health often lead to hair loss. Anemia, thyroid disease, hormonal imbalance, vitamin deficiency or excess can cause hair loss. It is important to know, what is causing your hair loss and treat it.
- Keep the scalp clean and moisturized. Make certain to keep your hair clean, use moisturizers with shampoo and conditioners. Excessive hair washing can actually cause more hair loss. once a day or even once every other day is alright. Use mild shampoos
- Avoid Hot Shower. Very hot water removes too much of the essential oil from the hair and scalp and leads to dryness.
- Comb. At all times use broad toothed and blunt headed comb preferably of wood. Do not comb your hair when wet. If you have a long hair, comb your hair from root to the tips as it aides in untangling.
- Avoid Strong Chemicals. Repeatedly coloring or perming hair can leave it damaged, dry, and dull.
- Avoid Pulling Hair. A stretched cap or a ponytail can also cause damage to the cuticle and result in hair breakage.
- Scalp Care. Keep scalp healthy by regular moisturizing with good products and proper massages. Dry scalp causes noticeable dandruff.
- Use Good Quality Products. Avoid using cheap and questionable men’s hair products. These products are the main reason bad hair health.
- Are you longing for Lustrous Long Hair? (fondfamily.com)