Increase in Body Fat can be because of following reasons:-
- Heredity or Genetics. Heredity plays a key role in creation of extra body fat in our body. Your waist-to-hip ratio and the absolute waist circumference determine the severity of obesity related problems.
- Food containing Trans Fats and Saturated Fats. Eating excessive unhealthy junk foods may be a cause for your excessive Body Fat. Eating too many simple carbohydrates and too much fatty foods, such as those found in processed sugary foods and deep fried foods, which when not burnt, turn into fat. When we consume more calories than required, the excess calories get converted to fat and accumulate in the belly. Manufacturers put additives into the foods they produce. It is a practice for many to inject extra hydrogen atoms in common oils to make the food taste better. It causes the foods to have High Trans and Saturated Fats that are not healthy.
- Stress. Stress triggers our bodies to produce high levels of cortisol, which drives up our appetite and makes us overeat leading to fat deposits at places depending on an enzyme known as lipoprotein lipase, which is necessary for fat storage.
- Hormones. A fall in sex hormones with age may cause belly fat in men and women.
- Health Problems. Medical conditions preventing food digestion results in extra body fat. Body Fat is exceedingly linked with metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, glucose intolerance and high blood pressure.
- Sedentary life style. Insufficient exercise results in excessive body fat and obesity.
- Carbonated Drinks. In addition to sucrose, or table sugar, soda contains High-Fructose Corn Syrup. Ingestion of high-fructose corn syrup leads to abnormal increases in Body Fat, especially in the abdomen, and causes a rise in circulating blood fats called triglycerides.
- Obese brain may thwart weight loss: Diets high in saturated fat, refined sugar may cause brain changes that fuel overconsumption (sciencedaily.com)