Good Foods for Prostate Health
- Vegetables from the cruciferous family (broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower) contain isothiocyanates, which are phytochemicals that appear to be protective.
- Omega-3 fats seem to reduce the risk of prostate cancer, Use Fish and vegetable oils high in Omega-3 Fats
- Margarine, vegetable oils, nuts and seeds, wheat germ and whole grains are a good sources. Vitamin E is recognized to reduce prostate inflammation
- Whole grains present fibre, selenium, vitamin E and phytochemicals, all of which play a role in the prevention of cancer.
- Foods such as tomatoes, tomato products, red grapefruits and watermelons appear to reduce the risk of Prostate Cancer. Tomato-based pasta sauces and soups may be especially beneficial. Lycopene is fat soluble so is better absorbed when eaten with a little fat.
- Antioxidant is found in nuts especially Brazil nuts, seafood, fish, wheat bran, wheat germ, oats and brown rice.
- Selenium is another mineral that may offer protection.
- Soy products can help prevent prostate enlargement and may slow tumour growth.
- Red meat is high in saturated animal fats and has been linked to an increased incidence of prostate problems. Avoid Red Meat.
- Obesity has also been linked to prostate troubles and cutting back on red meat can help you lose weight.
- Drink plenty of fluids to flush the bladder. Caffeine, beer and spices should be reduced to a minimum.