A number of Dermatological Procedures may help to diminish acne scars, some of the procedures are as follows:
Dermabrasion is carried out to reduce small scars, slight skin surface irregularities, surgical scars, and acne scars. Dermabrasion removes the top skin layer with an electrical machine that grinds down the skin. After the skin heals from the procedure, the surface appears smooth and fresh.
- Chemical Peels Chemical peels usually used to minimize sun-damaged skin, irregular pigment, and superficial scars. The top skin layer is removed with application of chemical to the skin. top skin layer regenerates, frequently improving its appearance.
- Collagen Injections Collagen is extracted from purified bovine (cow). Collagen is injected beneath the skin to substitute the body’s natural collagen that has been vanished. Inject-able collagen is commonly used to treat wrinkles, scars, and facial lines.
Laser Resurfacing Laser Resurfacing is a technique used during laser surgery wherein molecular bonds are disassociated by laser. Laser resurfacing minimizes wrinkles and fine scars.
- Punch Grafts Punch grafts are tiny skin grafts used to substitute scarred skin. A hole is punched in the skin to remove the scar. This portion is then replaced with unscarred skin (often from the back of the earlobe). Punch grafts can help treat deep acne scars.
- Autologous Fat Transfer. An autologous fat transfer uses fat taken from another site on your own body and it is injected into your skin. The fat is placed beneath the surface of the skin to elevate depressed scars. This method is used to correct deep contour defects caused by scarring from nodulocystic acne.
- How To Treat Acne Scars (healthinessbox.com)