What is Yoga
Yoga is a generic term for physical, mental, and spiritual disciplines which originated in ancient India. Yoga is a science that offers a holistic approach to health with a view to maintains balance in the body, mind, and emotions through stretches, diet and lifestyle. Yoga includes a set of ethical imperatives and moral precepts, including diet, exercise, and meditative aspects.
- Age. Yoga is recommended for all ages except children especially below 12 years of age.
- Duration. Practice Yoga for minimum 30 to 45 minutes to get maximum results.
- Best Timings. Early morning hours are best, afternoon is also suitable if food consumption is controlled.
- Food. Practice empty stomach; consume solid food 4 hours and liquid 1 hour before practice.
- Diet. Eat simple diet, preferably consume Vegetarian Diet, avoid spicy foods and foods loaded with Fats.
- Venue. Choose spacious, clean, airy, bright and noise free area for Yoga
- Floor. Practice Yoga over mat or carpet rather than bare flooring
- Clothing. Wear comfortable, loose and clean cloths
- Undergarments. Wear comfortable undergarments
- Restrictions. Restrict Yoga during Illness, Pregnancy and Periods
Benefits of Yoga.
Some of the Yoga benefits are enumerated below:-
- Supports and Build muscle strength and maintain flexibility in body.
- Improves Blood Circulation in the body
- Promotes natural healing ability of the body
- Support overall health and well-being.
- Creates emotional stability and mental balance.
- Purifies thought process and improves consciousness.
- Improves ability to concentrate, balance and coordinate activities.
- Improves metabolism
- Assists in weight control and weight loss.
- Promotes Mental Peace and Spiritual Harmony
- Improves posture