Simhasana or Lions Breath Pranayama
Simhasana or Lion’s Breath rejuvenates your self-confidence, positivity, boost good emotions and increases desire to advance. It discharges stress, weariness and unconstructiveness. It is a great breathing technique for those who have little time and want to start a day with zeal and enthusiasm. Five repetitions early in the morning will take just two minutes.
Technique of Simhasana or Lions Breath Pranayama
- This pranayama can be done in most of the yoga positions.
- Kneel with your seat resting in your feet.
- Sit up tall and spread your palms wide on your knees or thighs
- Inhale deeply through nose
- Lengthen the spine, spreading the shoulder blades apart and spreading the fingers wide.
- Exhale through the mouth, making a “ha” sound like lions roar.
- Remember to open your mouth and eyes wide, stick your tongue out towards the chin and roll your eyes upward while you are exhaling.
- The breath pulls across the back of the throat, as in ujjayi breathing, only louder
- Inhale with normal face
- Repeat this practice 3-5 times preferable early in morning after just coming out of the bed
Benefits of Simhasana or Lions Breath Pranayama
- Boosts Energy Level
- Augments Blood Circulation
- Relieves Tension
- Enhances self-expression
- Increases confidence
- Releases stress, fatigue, and negativity
- Remember that pranayama must be practiced intelligently and carefully. Uncontrolled practice can result in respiratory and neurological damage.
- Avoid exercise if you are suffering from heart disease, blood pressure, asthma or epilepsy.
- Ujjayi Pranayama or Occean Breath – Yoga Lesson Two (healthinessbox.com)
- Bhastrika Pranayama (Bellows Breath) – Yoga Lesson Five (healthinessbox.com)
- Basic Breathing Techniques in Yoga – Lesson One (healthinessbox.com)
- Viloma Pranayama (Intermittent Breathing) – Yoga Lesson Three (healthinessbox.com)
- Kapalabhati Pranayama (Shinning Forehead) – Yoga Lesson Four (healthinessbox.com)
- Sheetali Breathing or Cooling Breath – Yoga Lesson Eight (healthinessbox.com)