Sukhasana means Easy Pose, Decent Pose or Pleasant Pose. Sukhasana is actually a comfortable, cross-legged, seated pose; it is commonly used for meditation or for beginner’s pranayama exercises.
- Sit on a firm cushion or mat; raise your hips four to six inches.
- Cross your legs inwards starting with your left leg in first and then your right leg.
- Slide your feet under your opposite knee.
- Maintain an easy gap between your feet and your pelvis.
- Rest your palms on your knees. Begin to find balance over your pelvis.
- Simply balance the spine over your pelvis.
- Keep your head and body straight.
- Close your eyes and relax
- Yoga Egyptian Pose – Yoga Lesson Twelve (healthinessbox.com)
- Yoga Meditation Poses or Postures – Yoga Lesson Ten (healthinessbox.com)
- Yoga Burmese Pose – Yoga Lesson Eleven (healthinessbox.com)
- Sheetali Breathing or Cooling Breath – Yoga Lesson Eight (healthinessbox.com)
- Samhasana or Lions Breath Pranayama – Yoga Lesson Six (healthinessbox.com)
- Agni Prasana or Breath of Fire Breathing – YogaLesson Seven (healthinessbox.com)
- Kapalabhati Pranayama (Shinning Forehead) – Yoga Lesson Four (healthinessbox.com)