Overview of Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes
Herbert A. Gilbert, who in 1963 patented a device described as “a smokeless non-tobacco cigarette” that involved “replacing burning tobacco and paper with heated, moist, flavored air”, could called the father of primitive concept of an electronic cigarette. Hon Lik, a Chinese pharmacist, is widely credited with the invention of the first generation electronic cigarette. The device was first introduced to the Chinese domestic market in May 2004 as an aid for smoking cessation and replacement. contemporary electronic cigarette, was invented and introduced to market in 2008 by Dr. Yunqiang Xiu before receiving its international patents in 2009 & UK patent in 2011.
What are Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes?
Electronic cigarettes, also known as e-cigarettes, are battery-operated products designed to deliver nicotine, flavor and other chemicals. Essentially, an electronic cigarette functions the same as a regular paper cigarette but without the burning. They turn nicotine, which is highly addictive, and other chemicals into a vapor that is inhaled by the user. Most e-cigarettes are manufactured to look like conventional cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. The user can also choose the amount of nicotine contained, with some people choosing no nicotine at all. Some resemble everyday items such as pens and USB memory sticks. Electronic cigarettes are no longer marketed as smoking cessation aids or tobacco replacement in most countries, including the United States
Components of Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes
- Magnet adapter
Benefits of Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes
The benefits of Electronic Cigarette or e Cigarette use are a subject of uncertainty among health organizations and researchers, however most widely acclaimed benefits are as follows:-
- Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes could be useful as a smoking cessation aid
- Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes are devices that deliver nicotine through a vapor, rather than smoke. Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes do not contain tobacco. Instead, there’s a mechanism that heats up liquid nicotine, which turns into a vapor that smokers inhale and exhale
- Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes contain no tobacco, e-cigarettes aren’t subject to tobacco laws, which means it can be purchased without restrictions
- Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes do not produce the same toxic smoke that can cause lung disease and cancer when inhaled over time.
- Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes are reusable, it saves them money
Risks of Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes
- Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes may be particularly appealing to kids and may encourage nicotine addiction among young people
- No study is available about the range restrictions of Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes.
Are Electronic Cigarettes Safe
FDA, Regulatory agencies and health experts are not confident about risks, since proper research and trials has not been conducted to prove that Electronic Cigarettes or e Cigarettes are safe.
- Amphetamine Addiction
- Cannabis Addiction
- Computer Addiction
- Internet Addiction
- Marijuana Addiction