Yoga Cat Pose or Marjariasana
In Yoga Cat Pose, the alignment of your center depends on the positioning of your pelvis. Therefore, think of your hip positioning as the center of each pose. In this pose, your spine is the most significant line of energy as in every other pose.
Technique of Yoga Cat Pose
- Stretch on your hands and knees
- Position your hands directly beneath your shoulders and your knees directly beneath the hips. Have your fingers fully spread with the middle fingers pointing straight ahead.
- Make your back horizontal and flat. Gaze at the floor. This is your “neutral” positioning. When your pelvis is in neutral, your spine will be at full extension, with both the front and back sides equally long.
- Create a line of energy through each arm by pressing downward into your hands and lifting upward out of your shoulders.
- Go back and forth like this several times to make sure you understand the movement.
- As you exhale, sag into your shoulders and do the incorrect action;
- As you inhale, lengthen the arms, lift out of the shoulders and do the correct action.
- Breathe in deeply.
- As you exhale, turn your hips into Cat Tilt. Do this by gently pulling the abdominal muscles backward toward the spine, tucking the tailbone down and under, and gently contracting the buttocks.
- 10. Press firmly downward with your hands in order to stay lifted out of the shoulders,
and press the middle of your back toward the ceiling, rounding your spine upward. Curl your head inward. Gaze at the floor between your knees.
Benefits of Yoga Cat Pose
- It helps loosen the spine and entire back.
- It relaxes your neck and shoulders while stretching the back and front of your body
- It stretches the muscles of the back and contracts the abdominal muscles.
- It benefits overall health by stimulating the digestive tract and spinal fluid.
- It also helps improve circulation through the spine and core.
- It is good for managing stress and is considered an important stress buster
- Yoga Meditation Poses or Postures – Yoga Lesson Ten (healthinessbox.com)
- Sukhasana (Common and Easy Meditation Pose) – Yoga Lesson Thirteen (healthinessbox.com)
- Yoga Burmese Pose – Yoga Lesson Eleven (healthinessbox.com)