Heart Attack Survival Tips
The shorter the time from the onset of a heart attack to the time the blocked artery is opened is the deciding factor in saving a life and limiting heart muscle injury. Women are more likely than men to delay seeking treatment at the first signs of a heart attack. In case of Heart Attack, following can be life saving actions:-
1. Stay Calm. Do not panic; try to stay calm until help turn up.
2. Aspirin. Administer a full strength Aspirin, in particular if you are the patient and alone. You may collapse before you get to the phone. Aspirin can help stop the clot from growing and causing more damage.
3. Get Attention. Immediately get help of someone who is near you.
4. Call Emergency Service. Call 911 immediately for help if you are alone.
5. Coughing. You can help yourself by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged. A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again. Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating.
- 6. Race for Nearest Hospital. Go to the nearest hospital, after immediate treatment, it is often a good to transfer to a hospital with better heart facilities.
- Warning Signs and Symptoms of Heart Attack (healthinessbox.com)