Heart Attack Warning Signs
Heart attacks are sometimes sudden and intense, but a large amount heart attacks start slowly, with gentle pain or discomfort. Over and over again people affected are not sure what is wrong and wait for a long time before getting medical assistance. Women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting, and back or jaw pain. Signs mentioned below means that a heart attack is occurring:-
- Chest pain/Chest discomfort.Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. Frequently located in the center of your chest and can feel like a sensation of pressure, tightness, squeezing, fullness or pain.
- Uneasiness in other areas of the upper body. Pain in other parts of the body: it can feel as if the pain is traveling from your chest to your arms, usually the left arm is affected, but it can affect both arms. Pain can also be felt in jaw, neck, back and abdomen.
- Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort. Fatigue and shortness of breath are more common in women and may begin months before a heart attack.
- Additional signs of Heart Attack may include:-
1. A Cold Sweat. Pumping blood through clogged arteries takes more effort from your heart, so your body will sweat more to try to keep your body temperature down during the extra exertion. If you experience cold sweats or clammy skin regularly, then you should consult your doctor.
2. Nausea, Vomiting and Indigestion. Heart attacks by and large take place in older people who typically have more indigestion problems, these symptoms often get dismissed as heartburn or another food-related complication
4. An overpowering sense of anxiety or panic
The intensity of pain can vary significantly from person to person. For many the pain is severe and for others pain can be minor and similar to that experienced during indigestion. Group with diabetes, some women, and older people do not experience any chest pain at all.