Foods to be Avoided during Pregnancy
1. Cheese. Cheese is normally a good source of calcium and protein for women to eat during pregnancy. Mother should not eat certain soft cheeses such as feta, Brie, Camembert, blue-veined, and Mexican-style cheese in pregnancy because of a risk of becoming infected.
2. Raw or Partially Cooked Eggs.
Raw or undercooked eggs can carry harmful organisms such as E. Coli and Salmonella, which in turn can infect a pregnant women during pregnancy
4. Foods with soil on them
5. Cold Cured Meats. Eating cured meats during pregnancy makes you more susceptible to getting listeriosis and toxoplasmosis, though the risk is low.
7. Supplements Containing Vitamin. Vitamin supplements should never be used in place of a healthy diet. The body synthesizes the nutrients from food better than from anything manufactured. Some supplements are dangerous during pregnancy. Also, large doses are sometimes risky. Too much vitamin A during pregnancy can cause birth defects
8. Few Types of Fish. Mercury levels in fish are a common question for expecting moms who like fish but want to be healthy.
9. Raw Shellfish. Raw shellfish can be contaminated with harmful bacteria, viruses or toxins (poisons), which can make you ill.
10. Unpasteurised Milk. Raw milk can harbor dangerous microorganisms that can pose serious health risks. Organisms that cause listeriosis and toxoplasmosis can be found in unpasteurized milk.
12. Pâté. Pate is not recommended during pregnancy because there is an increased risk of infection with listeria, listeriosis. All forms of pate made from meat, vegetables or fish, may contain higher levels of listeria bacteria than other foods.
13. Raw or Undercooked Meat. Rare and raw meat can make you ill, and may even harm your baby. Eating undercooked, raw or cured meat during pregnancy is the main risk factor for the common parasite infection