Ardha Padmasana (Half Lotus Pose) is suitable for meditation. The Half Lotus Posture is a transitional pose for beginners who cannot sit at ease in the Lotus Posture (Padmasana). Yoga beginners can practice the Half Lotus Posture initially and change to the Lotus Posture later.
- Make a seated position and cross the legs.
- Place one foot on top of the opposite thigh.
- Place the hands on the knees. Touch the first finger with the thumb and extend the other fingers out. The hands can also be placed in front of the chest in prayer position for meditation.
- Viloma Pranayama (Intermittent Breathing) – Yoga Lesson Three (healthinessbox.com)
- Samhasana or Lions Breath Pranayama – Yoga Lesson Six (healthinessbox.com)
- Kapalabhati Pranayama (Shinning Forehead) – Yoga Lesson Four (healthinessbox.com)
- Nadi Shodhana or Alternative Nasal Breathing – Yoga Lesson Nine (healthinessbox.com)
- Sheetali Breathing or Cooling Breath – Yoga Lesson Eight (healthinessbox.com)
- Yoga Meditation Poses
- Yoga Burmese Pose