What are Flavonols
Flavonols are photochemical compounds found in variety of plant based foods and beverages. Flavonols are available in red wine, dark chocolate, some fruits and vegetables, and some beverages. Flavonol antioxidants are known to offer protection against heart disease and some other diseases.
How Flavonol Helps our Body
Body cells generate free radicals as they metabolize, ideally the body should produce enough natural antioxidants to counterbalance these free radicals. Sun damage, smoking and pollution can reduce antioxidant production and can cause surplus free radical production in our body. Flavonol contain quercetin a powerful antioxidant that has structural features for free radical hunting activity. Adding antioxidant-rich foods can help our body to neutralize disease producing free radicals.
Benefits of Flavonols
Flavonols provide following health benefits:-
- Protect our body’s lipids from damage
- Protect Proteins and DNA from free radicals
- Protects from Alzheimer’s Disease
- Helps in Diabetes
- Provide protection against Cardiovascular Disease.
Sources of Flavonol
Flavonol antioxidants are found in following foods and beverages:-
- Drinks to Boost Immune System (www.healthinessbox.com)
- Vitamin E – A Chain Breaking Antioxident (www.healthinessbox.com)
- Vitamin C – Safest and Most Effective Nutrient (www.healthinessbox.com)
- Vitamin A – Protect Your Eyes (www.healthinessbox.com)
- Best Foods For Brain Health (www.healthinessbox.com)
- Probiotics – Foods with Friendly Bacteria (www.healthinessbox.com)
- Cholesterol Reducing Foods that can improve Lipid Profile (www.healthinessbox.com)
- Minerals – The Body Building Blocks (www.healthinessbox.com)
- Omega – 3 Fatty Acids – Provides Essential Nutrients for Health (www.healthinessbox.com)