Skip to content
- Delay teen pregnancy
- Increase birth intervals, Birth spacing of three years or longer
- Promote optimal breast feeding practices.
- Promote family planning and health nutrition intervention counsel on the need for a reproductive period to build energy and micro-nutrient stores.
- Consider breast feeding status when prescribing contraception period.
- Mother may initiate breast feeding in the first hour and after birth ,breast feeding exclusively for about six months and continue breastfeeding for two years more.
- Practice family planning to space births for at least three years delays pregnancy so that there are at least six months between the period of breastfeeding and the subsequent pregnancy.
- Use of contraceptive is recommended when breast feeding ,use of condoms prior to take decision to become pregnant and during pregnancy and lactation if there is risk of HIV transmission.