Our teeth are not perfectly, they also yellow with age, as a result of acquiring pigmentation inside the teeth. Over time, our teeth acquire extrinsic stains as a result of eating and drinking certain foods and beverages. People can easily improve their smile with brighter, whiter teeth by taking various measures. Practicing good oral hygiene is essential for anyone who wants whiter teeth. Brushing, flossing and using mouthwash are all great ways to take care of your teeth and help prevent stains from forming. Few Teeth whitening techniques are as follows:-
- Replace your regular toothpaste with whitening toothpaste.
- Use a whitening mouthwash
- Try whitening pens, strips or trays
- Regularly chew gum after meals, there are some brands of chewing gum that claim to whiten teeth
- Avoid certain foods and beverages that can cause your teeth to become discolored. Coffee, tea, wine and sports drinks and smoking can cause teeth to stain.
- Certain foods like apples, pears, celery, carrots, cauliflower and cucumbers can actually help keep teeth cleaner and eliminate bacteria. Adding these foods into your diet can help keep teeth white
- For the fastest and most efficient teeth whitening, your dentist can offer professional treatments. These in-office options contain whitening agents in higher concentrations, and produce results much more quickly than over-the-counter options.
- Laser teeth whitening is an effective way to removes stains, fast. In fact the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that laser teeth whitening can whiten a patient’s teeth up to 10 shades in about an hour.