The key to weight loss is proper diet and exercise. Herbs can help supplement this healthy lifestyle. A weight loss prescription or over the counter stimulant can contain unknown and potentially harmful ingredients, but high quality herbals can be quite advantageous when purchased from the right source. Some of the Herbs useful for Weight Loss:-
- Green Tea. Green tea is not only loaded with antioxidants but has thermo-genic properties within itself. Thermogenesis can be understood as the process of heat production in organisms including human beings. It increases consumption of energy and fat oxidation so you burn your body fat faster. Green tea also helps feel you full so that you don’t eat more than you need.
- Yogurt. The probiotics in yogurt do wonders for the digestive track and maintains a healthy balance of gut flora that optimizes digestion and the breakdown of certain substances (like fat.) When you digestive track is running smoothly, your body is processing things better and it’s not as likely to pack on the pounds. The honey is just a little added (healthy) sweetness to satisfy any cravings you might have. The beautiful thing here is that you really don’t feel like you’re getting shorted any flavor or fullness when you eat it. For optimum weight-loss awesomeness, try low fat yogurt.
- Lemon Juice with Black Pepper. Lemon juice can help aid in digestion and give your G.I. track a helping hand when it comes to breaking down foods. This spicy little concoction contains black pepper and lemon juice to create a drink that can help you keep ahead on your weight loss battle. Black pepper contains a naturally occurring chemical compound called piperine, which is responsible for giving it its pungent flavor. Several new studies have shown that piperine can interfere with the genes that control the generation of fat cells, as well as reducing fat levels in the blood stream and enhancing the absorption of nutrients from our foods. Lemon juice can help aid in digestion and give your G.I. track a helping hand when it comes to breaking down foods
- Dark Chocolate. Turn to dark chocolate for a sweet treat. It will help curb your craving thanks to its insulin-resistance lowering flavonoids. The healthy fats in dark chocolate can also slow the absorption of sugar into your blood stream, preventing “insulin spikes.” Studies have shown that eating some can help put a stop to cravings for sugar, salt, and fat. However, the chocolate must be 70% cocoa, otherwise it has too much milk or sugar added to be beneficial.
- Bitter Orange. The bitter orange tree is native to Africa and tropical Asia. It’s also grown in the Mediterranean, California, and Florida. Bitter orange contains synephrine, a stimulant related to ephedrine. It supposedly works by raising the number of calories burned. After the FDA banned weight loss products containing ephedra, many makers switched to bitter orange. But it’s unclear if bitter orange is safer.
- Ginseng. Modern researchers have also found ginseng to be effective for weight loss as well as diabetes control. Ginseng can help you in two ways to lose weight. First, it will boost your metabolism wherein when you eat, you will store less fat as compared to when you don’t take ginseng. Secondly, ginseng will fill you with energy so that you remain more active and thus spend more calories.
- Green Coffee Bean. A natural compound in green coffee bean called chlorogenic, has been shown to increase fat absorption and stop weight gain. A study of green coffee bean extract published in the Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity Journal showed those supplementing with green coffee bean lost an average of 17 pounds over a 12 week period